Managing your time efficiently and getting things done
There are 168 hours in a week. Do you think you are using your time the best way you can? Have you ever wondered whether there are ways to be more proficient in your time management? Looking for some practical and applicable strategies to get organised more easily?
In this interactive training you will be challenged to reflect on how you manage your work and working time. Through deliberate guidance, you will discover your own personal style and develop your own learning curve. The sessions are geared towards finding a more efficient work ethic that suits you personally. The training will also move toward preserving that new found way of working by offering individualised strategies and tips.
This training aims to trigger anyone who is looking for a proficient and lean way of working to reconsider what they understand time management to be. There are no special prerequisites for joining these sessions.
The session language is English, unless all participants speak Dutch.
*Session 3 is a follow-up session (1 hour per participant)
Total hours: 10
Hours: 9am - 12am
Max. participants: 12
Bring your own laptop!
Session 1: Insights and reflection concerning time management
- What are basic tenants of time ?
- What is time management all about?
- Being effective versus being efficient
- Difference between managing time and getting organised
- Busy, busy, busy or just a job?
- My goals and priorities
- What is my personal mission, my goal in my job or department?
- How do I make my goals SMART?
- What is the Eisenhower principle? How do the four quadrants play into that?
Session 2: Productivity in practice: material and digital organisation
- The Clean Desk principle: how to manage your digital and analogue desk.
- Archiving and managing files and paperwork
- Taming your inbox: keeping up with the influx of mails and requests.
- How to keep up your newfound organisational strategies
Session 3: Coaching you
- After a two week trial period, you’ll receive a private one hour session in which your personal goals in managing your time are reviewed and opportunities for growth are determined.
Session 4: Dealing with procrastination and getting things done
- What it takes to be hands-on or ‘how not to put things off’
- Sticking to your long-term goals and navigating distractions
- Dealing with interruptions, distractions and digressions
- Assertive communication, delegating and being the boss of your time