Unlocking Excel’s potential on beginner, intermediate or/and advanced level
In a professional environment, much hinges on well you can manage statistics, data or reporting. Our Excel sessions are designed to bring your Excel skills to the next level. Whether you are a beginner or need to develop advanced charts or pivot tables, these sessions will unlock the maximum of this indispensable analysis program.
You can enter the course at any level, follow all six sessions, or just the two you need.
The beginner sessions are aimed at people who don’t yet use Excel that much or are unfamiliar with all of the program’s capabilities. After completion of the beginner sessions, you’ll be able to use Excel for all everyday tasks.
The intermediate sessions are for people who are already rather fluent with Excel, but are looking to advance themselves with the program. After these sessions you’ll be able to facilitate your work by unlocking more of Excel’s potential.
In the advanced sessions, you will learn to use Excel at a professional level. Operating the program fluently to boost your data analysis skills will come easy to you after these interactive sessions.
The session language is English, unless all participants speak Dutch.
*You can enter the course at any level, follow all six sessions, or just the two you need.
Total hours: 18
Hours: 2pm - 5pm
Max. participants: 12
Bring your own laptop!
300€ per level
BEGINNERS (2 sessions of 3 hours)
Session 1: Basic commands and functions for everyday use
- What is Excel? Exploring the screen and menu
- Basic manipulations: input, copy, move, multi fill, creating series
- Formatting data
- Calculations: formulas and functions (AutoSum, Average, Count, Max, Min, IF)
- Cell properties
Session 2: Basic commands and functions for everyday use
- Different Cell references: relative, absolute, mixed
- Rehearsal Calculations: formulas and functions (AutoSum, Average, Count, Max, Min, IF)
- Formatting a table
- Sorting data in a list
- Filtering: auto filter, advanced filter; subtotals
- Page lay-out and printing a table
INTERMEDIATE (2 sessions of 3 hours)
Session 3: Commands and functions for professional use
- Using names for cells
- Working with multiple sheets
- Functions and nested functions: Logical, Information, Math
- Filtering data: advanced filter with Database functions
- Conditional formatting
Session 4: Commands and functions for professional use
- Pivot tables: creating, calculated field, calculated item
- Pivot tables: creating, lay-out, filter
- Charts: creating, lay-out, adapting
ADVANCED (2 sessions of 3 hours)
Session 5: Advanced commands and functions for professional use
- Functions and nested functions: (if needed)
- Logical, Look up, Math, Text, Date and Time, Statistical, Information, Database,
- Matrix formulas and Matrix functions
- Error values
- Analysing Data: Goal Seek, Solver, Scenario
Session 6: Advanced commands and functions for professional use
- Power Pivot and Power View
- Advanced charts
- Macro’s: intro, creating a macro, analyse code, testing via a button.
- Forms: working with and creating Forms